Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audioquest Niagara Series - Power Conditioners
Stereophile has reviewed the Shunyata, Audioquest, and PS Audio power conditioners. Michael Fremer directly compared the Audioquest and Shunyata at http://www.stereophile.com/content/audio...tem-page-2:
"The Shunyatas' sound is either exceptionally velvet-pure and free of artifacts, with jet-"black" backgrounds—or the price paid for those undeniably silent backgrounds are somewhat blunted transients, and high frequencies that are somewhat veiled and not fully extended. Or the Niagara 7000 sounded more transparent overall and more wide open on top, with fast, well-defined transients—or somewhat "zippy" on top, with over-sharp transients."

Personally the Devialet power supply buzz annoys me enough, I wouldn't want a power conditioner adding a hum. Also, the Audioquest has active circuitry that is advertised to use more power than my Devialet 400, which seems unnecessary.

I will say, from personal experience, that my Devialet greatly benefit from upgraded power cords and Shunyata power conditioners (but not from a Furman conditioner).

Messages In This Thread
RE: Audioquest Niagara Series - Power Conditioners - by deviousalet - 21-Feb-2017, 23:18