Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Future-Fi Now!
So what - I love the racist/ageist/sexist comments about white middle aged men - you wouldn't get away with similar derogatory comments about any other demographic. However, despite this I notice that there appears to be quite a few Asian contributors to this forum - so I suspect this is a male thing rather than having anything to do with race.  

Hi Fi has always mostly been male dominated - and given the expense - probably for slightly older men who have progressed in their career.  This is no different to any other niche activity - high performance cars, luxury watches, train spotting, bird watching, stamp collecting etc.  One argument is that women have better things to do with their lives!  

In the end, while there is money to be made and there are crazy men around, these niche activities will continue to flourish - and men will continue to annoy their female partners with their obsessions. I suspect that nothing will change -  in another fifty years, the hifi audio shows will continue to be dominated by middle aged men, perhaps a few more from different ethnic backgrounds.  And the same goes for the car shows, the bird watching societies and the stamp collecting conventions.

Messages In This Thread
Future-Fi Now! - by Confused - 12-Mar-2017, 09:35
RE: Future-Fi Now! - by Hifi_swlon - 12-Mar-2017, 16:25
RE: Future-Fi Now! - by Will - 13-Mar-2017, 01:19
RE: Future-Fi Now! - by Confused - 13-Mar-2017, 14:17