Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
always-on setup (has auto-switch functionality changed?)
I've got two Phantoms + Dialog, that I use in an always-on configuration with a single audio source (a PC) running into the optical port of one of the Phantoms.  The idea is that the Devialet gear should stay in the same state - powered on, PC source selected, volume at whatever - and I should never have to touch it, nor open (ugh) Spark.  The PC is also always-on, and has a bottomless shuffle playlist - I can pause/unpause it from my phone or another computer, or program it to play at certain times as an alarm clock or vacation security measure.

Sometime in the past several weeks, the Devialet gear began "forgetting" the volume setting overnight, forcing me to open Spark and re-set the volume back from the default 30 to a normal listening level.  On a hunch, I turned off Auto-Switch.  This seemed to fix the problem for a few days, but now it's begun "pausing" the audio source (i.e. in Spark, the PC input shows a "play" icon) whenever there's no input signal, forcing me to open Spark and un-pause it.  At some point toward the beginning of this process, there was a firmware update, but I couldn't say exactly when.

So now the functionality seems to be:  Auto-Switch ON will pause/unpause the source in Spark based on the presence of an audio signal, but will periodically reset the volume to 30.  (Making Auto-Switch mostly pointless, since you have to open Spark to change the volume anyway.)  Auto-Switch OFF will pause the source, just like Auto-Switch ON, but *won't* unpause it.

Has anyone else noticed this change?  It seems like both Auto-Switch and Non-Auto-Switch now fail in a way that forces you to use Spark whenever you want to play music.

Messages In This Thread
always-on setup (has auto-switch functionality changed?) - by meeotch - 28-Mar-2017, 03:30