Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
always-on setup (has auto-switch functionality changed?)
Stevec - thanks for following up.  Just received this from Julien in customer service:

Quote:I have discussed the volume control with our technical team. They have informed me that they will not adapt this again. As I mentioned before the volume setting have been arranged as a security measure.   This measure will not be removed.

So it sounds like they've determined that Phantoms will now put themselves to "sleep" (either by resetting the volume to 30, when in Auto-Switch, or by pausing the current source, when not) any time the input signal is lost.  And that it's "for your safety, sir".  Maybe it has something to do with this:  Phantoms can't be repaired.

What burns me is that they've effectively removed existing functionality after I purchased the system, and without any warning. (It's not in the release notes.) And there's no way of getting it back - Julien has informed me that Phantom firmware can't be rolled back.

Messages In This Thread
RE: always-on setup (has auto-switch functionality changed?) - by meeotch - 06-Apr-2017, 17:24