Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
always-on setup (has auto-switch functionality changed?)
(06-Apr-2017, 17:28)meeotch Wrote: btw - this may sound like a minor issue to most people, particularly anyone who uses Spark consistently.  But in my case, it pretty much prevents me from using my Phantoms.  As I explained to Julien:

Quote:My only audio source is a PC, which runs my home automation system. So I use it as an alarm clock, as a security measure to play music at preprogrammed times when I'm on vacation, to play music via voice command, when someone is at my door, etc.  I'm now unable to do any of these things while using the Devialet system as an output.

If anyone has a clever idea for a workaround, please post it.  I'm thinking maybe I can program my computer to emit a very low level audio "ping" every few minutes.  Low enough not to be audible, but loud enough to keep Auto-Switch "awake".

Hi, I have a Sonos Connect connected to my Phantoms via the Dialog Optical input.  I haven't had an issue with the sound resetting itself or the volume resetting itself.  You could connect your computer to the Sonos connect via its analog input and have it set to autoswitch to the analog in.  I have this setup working really well.  I use it to play a white noise app on an iphone for my son's room.
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante

Messages In This Thread
RE: always-on setup (has auto-switch functionality changed?) - by njaiswal - 20-Apr-2017, 15:00