Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should I upgrade from Naim 272/250dr?
(09-Apr-2017, 19:27)Elztalbiker Wrote: Smoother I think no but over all much better sound, deeper and precise bass, wider soundstage, a lot of more details and never ending dynamic.

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

As an ex-defector of 282/200/Hicap/NAPSC with NDAC and dCS Debussy DAC.  I'd say the above descriptions fit the reverse, I find upgrading from Naim to the D200 and subsequently D440 is deeper bass, more details, smoother sound and much better soundstage.  Naim was never ever known for their soundstage, with the exception of may be their 500 series or the new Statement series.

Having said that the special Naim flavored "house sound" can be irresistible once you are hooked on it.  But somehow I always felt like something was missing, left me wanting to climb up the Naim ladder.  Subsequently after more than a dozen years with Naim I deviated and went for different options including Octave tube amp, Leben, Vitus and finally Devialet, which turns out to be the most satisfying, I find it consistently more enjoyable than all of the above.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Should I upgrade from Naim 272/250dr? - by agentsmith - 02-Oct-2017, 10:49