Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on Synergistic Research's Devialet Spec Atmosphere
(16-Jan-2019, 21:49)Norty Wrote: The following is a post I had sent previously.  

I do have the SR power cord for the Devialet. I found it made a huge difference in my system. Originally I had a Cardas Golden reference and tried a Nordost Frye. Hands down the SR was a large difference in sq. the biggest difference was the depth of sound.  My system is in the living room so no chance of having the speakers 4 feet in the room and it improved this piece of the puzzle (depth of sound). See if the dealer will loan you a set...it does take a full 100 hours to break in. I did post my findings on the SR chat page. Any questions feel free to ask.

A year + out still like the power cord very much and wouldn't think of changing it.  I will say however that it is a fairly stiff cord and was able to just get it in the back of an armoire .

I too am using the SR Atmosphere for my Devialets. Its about a year on my 440-Pro CI and a month back, I bought 2 more for my 2 x {440-Pro-CI} bi-amping my B&W 802 D3. 

Briefly, some of the key points of the SR Atmosphere for Devialet are:

1. Absolute holographic and 3-dimensional soundstage.
2. The mids & high frequencies are extremely airy yet with no loss of details and never any stridency.
3. Bass and deep bass is well defined and spacious.
4. The tonal balance is very neutral is a nice way which under no circumstances sounds lean and neither overtly warm. Where warmth is called for, it is very much there. It is harmonically rich. 

The above observations are also due to the fact that the rest of my system's cables are practical all Audioquest ... speaker cables now have AQ Oak (full-range) for Bass, AQ Redwood (full-range) for Mid / Highs. The LINK cable between Devialets are all AQ Wild RCA-to-AES and my source streaming is thru AQ Diamond ETH.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Need advice on Synergistic Research's Devialet Spec Atmosphere - by audio_engr - 17-Jan-2019, 02:57