Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rocketmannequin's System
(24-Apr-2017, 00:34)Damon Wrote: Looks great! I think that is nice to see a hi-fi system integrated into a normal living space. The dedicated sound room is nice, but getting sound that makes you happy in the space that you actually live in is special. Though maybe you need a camo cover for the amp... though you may be a contender for 'best use of a reflective surface in the amplifier cover' category.

Chuck Close portraits?
Ha!  Yes, the WAF factor was important, and as a beginner audiophile have to admit that the design of the Dev was not unimportant.  I have had large and imposing system decks in the past, but with this Devialet offers something radically different.  I find that its discretion (perhaps its high reflection less so...) makes for as good a conversation piece as something more imposing during dinner parties.     

Close...(no pun intended), but these are paintings by Gavin Rain. (Australian painter)  But I am told that he was inspired by Chuck Close!
220 Pro CI - B&W 804 D3  - B&W DB3D - Siltech Explorer - Mac Mini (2018/SSD) - AudioQuest Pearl USB & Ethernet - Sennheiser HDV 820 & HD-800S - Roon (Lifetime) - Tidal HiFi
New York, NY

Messages In This Thread
Rocketmannequin's System - by Rocketmannequin - 23-Apr-2017, 04:59
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by audio_engr - 23-Apr-2017, 21:27
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by Damon - 24-Apr-2017, 00:34
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by Rocketmannequin - 25-Apr-2017, 03:43
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by ssfas - 24-Apr-2017, 15:52
RE: Rocketmannequin's System - by ssfas - 25-Apr-2017, 21:09