Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
rchinn's system
After a month or so reading this forum, I bought a second-hand Pro today and hooked it up. 

Here it is up close...
[Image: 5q0qM0U.jpg]

And this is the longer view, the table with the kitchen behind me is my main seating position when working on the laptop...
[Image: 3jsBcIP.jpg]

Devialet 220 Pro
B&W 683 S2, connected with QED XT40 speaker cable 
Chromecast Audio plugged into Optical 1, running Spotify (waiting for loseless) 
A heavily modified Technics 1210 into Line 1
Google Wifi station close by

Previously I was bi-amping with two 50W amps, a separate DAC and separate phono stage, so its been nice to clear away all the clutter. I still need the turntable PSU, otherwise it would be streamlined.

I'm trying to figure out best SAM level, but no hurry there. I didn't realise how simple the remote was. I had imagined the Devialet logo in the centre wasn't fixed but a LED display. Handy to be able to change the volume sure, but harder to see SAM level and change that from being seated the table. The iOS remote is at least handy to see what source is selected when toggling between Optical and Wifi.

Sound quality wise its a good improvement on what I had before. Overall there is better clarity and detail. It's got a lot more power in reserve but I'm mainly listening around -37 db. Some tracks show up the improvement better than others. The new Brian Eno is particularly good.

I'm just at the beginning of my hifi journey. So when I've accrued some money again, I'll start to look at speakers upgrade choices. I don't think better cables will do much for my current set-up. Same goes for power, it just feels like a less important thing to invest in. 

I appreciate seeing other peoples set-ups. Rocketmannequin's one for example is more of my world, where the system has to live in an everyday room. I guess our couch placement is not ideal, especially when sitting on it. From the table is pretty good. Any tips for improving room set-up while still having a normal lounge are appreciated. One idea is to eventually buy two matching sofas that face each other, but turn them 90 degrees from the current sofa position.

Anyway nice to meet you all.
220 PRO CI (12.2.6) - B&W 683 S2 - Audioquest Niagara 1000 - Chromecast + iFi SPDIF 
Technics 1210 (AudioMods arm, AT-150MLX, Mike New bearing + platter, crystal mat, Isonoe feet, external DC PSU) Stockholm, Sweden

Messages In This Thread
rchinn's system - by rchinn - 25-Apr-2017, 19:08
RE: rchinn's system - by Confused - 25-Apr-2017, 21:51
RE: rchinn's system - by rchinn - 26-Apr-2017, 06:44
RE: rchinn's system - by Rocketmannequin - 26-Apr-2017, 02:47
RE: rchinn's system - by rchinn - 26-Apr-2017, 06:50
RE: rchinn's system - by Pim - 26-Apr-2017, 13:13
RE: rchinn's system - by AaronG - 26-Apr-2017, 15:18
RE: rchinn's system - by rchinn - 26-Apr-2017, 21:09
RE: rchinn's system - by AaronG - 27-Apr-2017, 02:43
RE: rchinn's system - by rchinn - 29-Apr-2017, 16:46
RE: rchinn's system - by Rocketmannequin - 29-Apr-2017, 23:27