Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Confidence c4 & Devialet
(05-May-2017, 10:40)costintdan Wrote:
(05-May-2017, 10:02)Pim van Vliet Wrote: Years ago I heard the C1's and was very impressed. I thought the C4's would be good to have in my then still to be built (now nearly finished) large living room. I own the C1's and have listened to the C4's in many setups at dealers. Only to be disappointed by the sound. The common denominator was that every time they just didn't have the right amp in store. And because I wasn't ready to buy I didn't want to waste the dealer's time to ask for them to find something better.

I did hear the C2's at the end of Parasound JC1's  (400Watt into 8 Ohm) and they sounded fantastic. So I assume that with amplifiers that can deliver the current they need the C4 would do the job and do it well. I you're looking at Devialet I would at least go the 400/440Pro but not without a try. If you want to be sure, go the 800/1000Pro.

Thanks for your feedback. In fact I was searching a lot and I haven't found any page or reviews about devialet & confidence c4. In the next days i'll get a test with Devialet expert 200 (one of my friends have it) and i'll let you know the first impression. Of course if I am going to choose Devialet I'll take at least D400/440 Pro. Maybe d200 it's not enough for confidence c4 but I am very curios which will be the result.

Meantime if anybody has some other feedback please feel free to share with us.

My 200 did alright with my C4's but since I got the Od'A it just got better. In short; the better the amp, the better the C4's sound.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
Confidence c4 & Devialet - by costintdan - 04-May-2017, 14:03
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by Pim - 05-May-2017, 10:02
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by costintdan - 05-May-2017, 10:40
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by Pim - 05-May-2017, 11:50
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by Riddo - 05-May-2017, 10:49
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by costintdan - 25-May-2017, 08:21
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by Pim - 25-May-2017, 10:22
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by Confused - 25-May-2017, 10:42
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by BGrantham - 29-Jun-2017, 12:24
RE: Confidence c4 & Devialet - by Finn - 15-Sep-2017, 18:27