Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400/440 - Air + Ether Fiber Isolator help
Hello all - I have a peculiar issue and am hoping that someone would be kind enough to verify that it doesn't happen on their setup. It requires some ethernet cable swapping at the router, so I'll understand if I get crickets.

The symptom is that the audio in my right channel will intermittently cut out for a split second when what I suspect to be a DC electrical surge/interruption shows up on the network.

The relevant parts of my setup are:
  • D400
  • Master --> RCA/XLR --> Companion
  • MacBook Air --> Wifi --> Router --> Ethernet Fiber Isolator --> D400

It's unclear why its only in one channel, why it's a split second, why the stream doesn't stop, why the Master and Companion stay connected and how it recovers so quickly.

Reproduction steps:
  • Devialet is connected to ethernet cable.
  • Bypass Fiber isolator by taking the other end of Devialet's ethernet cable (plugged into fiber isolator "output") and plugging it directly into router into an empty slot.
  • Play music. Isolator would be bypassed, but network will still detect Devialet and streaming will start.
  • While music is playing, find the ethernet cable that connects the Fiber isolator "input" to the router. Ensure that the fiber isolators are still powered on.
  • unplug this ethernet cable from the router and plug it back in slowly. Do this a few times. Does your right channel cut out?

I know this is a very odd scenario, and would never happen in practical conditions, but I've been having these cutouts since I got the device and this is the first time I have been able to reproduce it. I can at least start to solve this now.

Thanks in advance all!
Devialet 1000Pro CI + Sonus Faber Cremona Auditor M

Messages In This Thread
D400/440 - Air + Ether Fiber Isolator help - by absolutk - 10-May-2017, 07:02