Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D400/440 - Air + Ether Fiber Isolator help
Just this last weekend i change over from ethernet to fiber optics.
To start i took the cable from the Netgear R8000 router to the Devalet 400's using a pair of TP-Link MC 200 CM Gigabyte multi mode media converters with fibers between , sat back and listened, a worthy investment in time and money.
Next i took the incoming modem (virgin) back as near to the house in take and ran fibers the same as before to the router, again sat back and noticed immediately the improvements gained, i find i hard explaining things in musical terms, i know what i like,end of the day thats what it's all about , we all listen differently, different systems,rooms etc
So my next step i did the same replacing the ethernet cable from the router to the auralic Aries, again a big improvement, in my mind anyway, total out lay around £360, a cheap improvement in the context of the rest of the system,
Try it, bit ata time and see how you go.
TOYS:- Devialet 400, PS Audio Perfectwave Transport, Melco N1A, Boenicke W8's, cabled throughout Chord Signature tuned aray. Intel I7 NUC Roon Rock/Tidal.
Mains supply, dedicated consumer unit, 5Kw balanced transformer,
. plenty of IFI accessories, Melco Ethernet cables, Townshend isolation throughout, All furutech mains cables.
Recently added. PS Audio PP5, Townshend Audio 5 tier Seismic table.SBooster psu for NUC,

Messages In This Thread
RE: D400/440 - Air + Ether Fiber Isolator help - by TheFactsOfLife - 10-May-2017, 16:44