Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air and Ravenna discussed on the ROON site
I would have agreed with the optical ethernet solution to be the best several months ago but now I'm not so sure. Of course it's ideal to cut of all possible noise from upstream computers etc. but there's also the signal integrity part and the extra conversion required. A point already made by Pim though of course an ethernet signal is different than a S/PDIF signal which has embedded the clock signal itself. As always it depends on the quality of implementation. If a manufacturer would be able to implement a top notch optical to ethernet converter, isolate it well and clock it properly it may be best. Yes, even for ethernet these principles like HQ clocking seem to matter in setups today.

Recently I removed the optical ethernet converters from the direct signal path in my setup, others did as well. I won't go into explaining it all since I can't yet. There's a long thread on CA (https://www.computeraudiophile.com/forum...icrorendu/) which inspired me to do so (and discusses many topics like these) and indeed the most direct connection copper gave me the best results in my current setup.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Air and Ravenna discussed on the ROON site - by Antoine - 14-May-2017, 13:06