Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC
(22-May-2017, 17:21)mdconnelly Wrote: Danny Dulai/Roon posted an interesting set of comments about ROCK and the Nucleus in the Roon forum here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/roon-do...h/25971/42

The part I found most interesting...

Turn-key solutions sold through the HiFi retail channel require margins for the distributors and the dealers. If you want to do this cheap, use ROCK + build yourself a NUC. No one can compete on price with that. We will soon have a button on our website that will add the suggested components to your amazon shopping cart.

Later in that post he estimates ~ $400 for an i3 NUC.    At this  point, I'd definitely wait for further clarification from Roon on the best NUC config for ROCK.

There are also questions in that thread about ROCK and Devialet AIR.   To that, Danny replied...

We messed up with that Devialet thing. I'll say more soon.

No idea what that might mean, but if Roon and Devialet now actually have a relationship, that's got to be good news.   Let's hope Devialet thinks so too.

I honestly think that this was an error of timing and might have been premature! It may be tied up in some way with the OS streamer Board (hopefully) being Roon ready. This I my optimistic take on the situation Smile.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC - by brit - 15-May-2017, 13:44
RE: Running AIR & ROON on an Intel NUC - by brit - 22-May-2017, 17:28