Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Set up for Windows 10 with Roon?
Question #1 - will you be using a second computer or other device to control playback from the Windows 10 computer or just the Windows 10 computer?

If using a second computer you would install RoonServer on the Windows 10 machine. If only using the Windows 10 computer than install Roon core on the machine.

Next up, where are your music files, on the Windows 10 machine? If yes, you configure Roon to look for the music files on the local Folder(s) you specify.

You can setup access to Tidal within Roon itself, it will prompt you for your Tidal account information.

You can either connect the Windows 10 machine via USB to your D220 or use the Devialet AIR driver installed on the Windows 10 machine, I use the latter.

Will you be using a wired ethernet connect for the D220 and Windows 10 machine or wireless? I ask because if you use AIR then ethernet can at times be more reliable than wireless. It does not preclude using wireless.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Messages In This Thread
Set up for Windows 10 with Roon? - by Norty - 15-May-2017, 15:11
RE: Set up for Windows 10 with Roon? - by baddog - 15-May-2017, 15:55
Set up for Windows 10 with Roon? - by ledesc - 17-May-2017, 10:36