Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Turntable with a single Phantom
(18-May-2017, 11:44)Phantom078 Wrote:
(18-May-2017, 07:14)Jean-Marie Wrote:
(17-May-2017, 09:42)ChalleB Wrote: Hi,

I have a single silver phantom and was wondering if anyone has had any experience of using a turntable with a single phantom?

thanks!

M

Yes I know very well someone who have been doing so for quite some times. 

He was having a single phantom with a USB turn table connected to it and it was really pleasant. 

It is having all the limitations of a single speaker vs 2 as well as the specificities of vinyl (the euphonic inaccuracies combined with the emotional attraction of the physical object) but it was a very pleasant experience still.

So if you love vinyl and have a single phantom, my recommendation would be not to refrain yourself from enjoying your LPs on your phantom and proceed.

You will always be able to add a second one later on to move to stereo.

Jean-Marie

A question on this : 
When having 2 Phantoms, is it possible to connect the Turntable to one Phantom instead the of the Dialog, and still enjoying the Stereo ? I suppose so since it works this way with the bluetooth connection...
You have no choice to connect a turntable but to one Phantom because there is no optical input on Dialog. Regarding bluetooth I discourage using it everytime you use hifi device because of the drastic quality loss.
Devices :
2 Gold Phantoms (previously 2 Silver) + Dialog - Denon DCD-SD/300 -
Project Essential II Digital equipped with Ortofon 2M Blue,
Accessories :
Tree, Cocoon, Remote

Lyon - France

Messages In This Thread
Turntable with a single Phantom - by ChalleB - 17-May-2017, 09:42
RE: Turntable with a single Phantom - by Jean-Claude - 23-May-2017, 06:57