Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
For those of you with two tonearms/cartridges
So my plan was to configure the Devialet to add a second Phono input on my master. So I would have PHONO 1 and PHONE 2, one for stereo and mono respectively with corresponding settings for each cartridge.

Each would have phono connectors plugged into them. Only the Phono Input that has a grounding wire would have a ground wire attached to it.

I would just swap arms/cartridges and plug the other phone connectors into the Junction box on the turntable.

I also use a digital AES connection between the two Devialets so I cannot enable the Phono input on the companion, or I could but I would have to swap the digital connection between the two back to S/PDIF which I would prefer not to do. That is a good idea though.

As to getting a second arm mount, I could do that, however that adds another $1000 to the cost, needing both a second arm mount and a VTA Base as well for the second tone arm.

Thanks for the suggestion!
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US

Messages In This Thread
RE: For those of you with two tonearms/cartridges - by baddog - 31-May-2017, 01:06