Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sound after upgrading LE120 to 220 pro
Hello,

after getting back the upgraded Amp (from LE120) and starting listening my favorite playlists (Audirvana 3.x, USB, KEF LS50, DPM = off, SAM = on 100%, AIFF format lossless CD quality or higher) I instantly noticed

- Wow! Where do all those details in music suddenly appear from? Amazing!
- Damn! Overall bass-improvement will definitely cause troubles with the neighbour!

But what I definitely miss is the clear and dominant presentation of vocals/voices, especially of female voices.

And in general, vocals/voices seem to be a bit damped compares with my LE120 experience, while almost every little detail in music and instruments is totally present now. And the bass.

Is this what experts call a "broader soundstage"? Or can this be caused by the KEF LS50s that are only rated for max. 100 WRMS per channel (KEF spec says 25 - 100 W, 8 Ohms, min.3.2 Ohms).

I'm struggling between "there is missing some emphasis on the vocals" and "hmm, overall listening is now easier, maybe more natural". And I play about +5 louder than I played with the LE120.

Or - what seems reasonable to me - is it simply the fact that a technically total renewed Amp has, of course, different characteristics compared with the old one.

Looking forward to your answers! Thanks a lot!

Knud
---
Devialet Expert 220 pro (Upgrade from LE 120), SAM on (100%), DPM off
USB
Macbook Air (4GB RAM), 2TB SSD via Thunderbolt
Audirvana+ 3.x in iTunes-Mode
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews YellO Power to wall socket
Russ Andrews X6 Block

Messages In This Thread
Sound after upgrading LE120 to 220 pro - by knud0 - 17-Jun-2017, 22:24