Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glider - an IOS UPNP app for Dialog/Phantom
Discovered this via the following Control point for iOS thread

With the Dialog set to UPNP rendering beta mode the defined rooms are seen by the above app and files can be streamed from any of your network connected media servers and that includes those on a NAS! Volume control is enabled, although with a little bit of lag, and is also available from a locked screen.

Admittedly, very limited functionality but in a quick test it performed quickly and faultlessly.
I had fun switching a track from one room to another and an ipad whilst it continued to play!!
I also discovered you could reverse back through the 'playlist?' Although not sure how useful that is.
Selecting the Songs option and random play does just what you would expect BUT instantly.  Don't like the look of the selected songs, selecting random again changes the list BUT keeps playing the currently playing track.
Very promising.

This appears to be a one man operation, although one clearly capable. Check out the website which also has a community link.

It's another example of what can be done and, dare I say it, could potentially shame the Devialet Spark effort.

Messages In This Thread
Glider - an IOS UPNP app for Dialog/Phantom - by alandbush - 28-Jun-2017, 15:07