Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with Furman IT reference 20i
Has anyone tried this combination? I had read conflicting opinions about using a power conditioners vs plugging the amps straight to the wall sockets. However, what intrigued me was Furman's power factor technology which is supposed to provide 80 amps of peak charge. The unit weighs 83 pounds and it gives you a good workout when you are trying to move it :-)

I was already running my 1000pro on a 20amp dedicated outlet. I picked up this unit from Audiogon and have been using it for couple of days. I thought I could try it out and if I don't hear any improvements, I can always sell it for a small loss. 

For me, it was money well spent.  I'm poor at describing the improvements in sound, however, it did sound like that proverbial lifting of the veil from the speakers. The sound is more transparent with blacker background. The notes overhang last a bit longer and clearer. Higher frequencies are a little more prominent but not overly bright(I think Devialet is even more resolving with this unit, which sounds crazy). It's for sure more dynamic than plugging 1000pro straight to the wall. 

I think the difference it makes depends upon the power grid you are connected to. I highly recommend giving it a try especially if you can return it to the dealer if it does not work for you.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1

Messages In This Thread
Devialet with Furman IT reference 20i - by sam1000 - 14-Jul-2017, 18:57