Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet with Furman IT reference 20i
(17-Jul-2017, 15:42)deviousalet Wrote: I'm glad the Furman worked well for you. I agree that these things depend on your local power quality. In my case the Furman Reference 20i improved the sound in some ways but detracted from the dynamics, while a Shunyata Denali 6000/S is remarkably better in all ways.

Thanks! I have been reading some great reviews about Denali series as well. I might give it a shot in very near future.

I was thinking since Furman has enough power reserve(capacitor), it would not lack in dynamics. At least I did not notice any lack of dynamics, but it could be the classic case of confirmation bias. Unless I compare them side by side, I would not know. 

Denali on the other hand does not have a big transformer on capacitors inside it(from the pictures of it), but its supposed to drop the noise floor way down. Its footprint is very small and it would not take additional space in the Rack. 

We will see if I'm able to get one soon to compare side by side.

Anyone with positive experience with Denali vs Furman?
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1

Messages In This Thread
RE: Devialet with Furman IT reference 20i - by sam1000 - 18-Jul-2017, 02:25