Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moderation
Wise words Ian, I would say. I have had similar thoughts myself recently, although it is easier to see what might be going wrong than to establish what the best resolution might be. Indeed, Guillaume asks a polite question about thread rationalisation yesterday, and gets about four conflicting responses.

It's a bit like herding cats though, recently I have tried politely guiding people to posting in the most appropriate threads and I would like to think this has mostly gone down well, but you do get the occasional person who takes umbrage to this stating a 'I'll post here if I want to' attitude, or whatever.

Oddly enough, seeing who nobody can agree on how the Roon threads should be rationalised, I would say that the slightly organic way similar threads can emerge probably works as well as anything and nobody can complain to much as it is a collective creation, it has kind of worked over the years. It is not perfect, if you are new to Devialet and interested in the Master Companion link for example, you will find about four relevant different threads to slog though. This could be rationalised but it would be a lot of work, would it be worth it?

As a comment on yourself Ian, certainly over the years and on many occasions I have seen you politely nudge people towards more appropriate posting. This is something I have appreciated I have seen some others do it, and indeed have tried myself. Although I know for sure that I have been guilty of gross off topic misdemeanours on occasion, it is irresistible sometimes. So I think the forum does have a degree of self moderation already. Which is good.

Just some thoughts from myself. I am not volunteering Ian for anything, or indeed volunteering myself. Although happy always happy to help out when I can, frankly I have zero idea what is really involved!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
Moderation - by thumb5 - 16-Jul-2017, 09:45
RE: Moderation - by Confused - 16-Jul-2017, 10:43
RE: Moderation - by GuillaumeB - 16-Jul-2017, 11:47
RE: Moderation - by Hifi_swlon - 16-Jul-2017, 20:46
RE: Moderation - by mdconnelly - 16-Jul-2017, 22:29
RE: Moderation - by Hifi_swlon - 17-Jul-2017, 08:09