Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This patent got published a few days ago.
Regarding the above post, I think it should definitely get this year's 'Best summary of a patent on a Devialet related forum' award. Excellent stuff Ian! Per my post #4 above, I did actually print the patent and spent some time carefully reading through it, making a few 'margin notes' along the way. All I can say is that Thumb5's post does pick up on each of the points that I thought were interesting enough to highlight. So as far as I can see, the key points are covered. That said, all this kind of stuff is a very long way from my own areas of expertise, maybe someone with some experience in the design of electronics might be able to glean something else of significance?

Perhaps the only thing I might add is the reference to a Zobel circuit (para 0083), but it looks like this is used in a very traditional way, so not really part of the new ADH technology which forms the basis of the patent.

One less technical thought is that the Patent does make reference to the original D-Premier technology, but does not actually mention 'V6' or Pro. So based on the dates, I am thinking that there is no reason why this new ADH technology might not also be used in the Phantom Gold or even the Devialet Skybox.

As a general point, and picking up from Thumb5's post, I think all this does give some insight into why the Pro performs better than the Expert and indeed into the very clever thinking and design work that makes this happen. Drifting into optimist mode for a moment, I can only hope that a little bit of the clever thinking has found its way into the new Devialet OD Core Infinity board. We can only hope!

A final thought goes out to O'dA owners who might be wondering if the Pro update is worth going for, maybe the unique innards of the Od'A make it something special. Apparently one dealer has claimed the 1000 Pro sounds 'colder' than the Od'A. All I can say is that when I read the above, in a strange way what I have been observing living with the 1000 Pro for a few months after the old D800, the words in the patent do actually make sense with respect to explaining the technical improvements behind what I have been hearing, more detail, simply incredible resolution etc. This seams an odd thing to write, but it does genuinely make sense to me in my strange little head.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: This patent got published a few days ago. - by Confused - 05-Aug-2017, 08:31