Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
This patent got published a few days ago.
(05-Aug-2017, 08:31)Confused Wrote: A final thought goes out to O'dA owners who might be wondering if the Pro update is worth going for, maybe the unique innards of the Od'A make it something special.  Apparently one dealer has claimed the 1000 Pro sounds 'colder' than the Od'A.  All I can say is that when I read the above, in a strange way what I have been observing living with the 1000 Pro for a few months after the old D800, the words in the patent do actually make sense with respect to explaining the technical improvements behind what I have been hearing, more detail, simply incredible resolution etc.  This seams an odd thing to write, but it does genuinely make sense to me in my strange little head.

As far as I know much of what is described in this patent applies to the O d'A too.

The main difference between 1000 Pro and O d'A (apart fro the obvious colour) is the improved thermal management of the 1k Pro. Other than that everything else is identical. 

Before anyone snaps at me this is what Devialet told me in writing. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: This patent got published a few days ago. - by GuillaumeB - 06-Aug-2017, 23:05