Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New house and Power outlets
Hello and Welcome,

I'll give an opening opinion, but others will be able to give more thorough opinions.

A 15 amp. circuit will run a lot of 'stuff', so I cannot see that you will need more than that to run any normal piece of audio equipment. I'd include the Phantom in that group. I cannot see that a Phantom will draw 20 amps, but there are some very knowledgeable members here who may advise differently. Trust them.

However, I believe that if you can, it will be to your sound quality benefit to have circuits for the Phantoms that are not shared with other outlets on the same circuit. So, a circuit from a breaker to one outlet; do the same again for the other Phantom. Possibly do four isolated circuits to four outlets. The advantage to this is to keep the power to the audio gear separate from a circuit that has 'noisy' things plugged into it, such as refrigerators or things with electric motors. Digital audio seems to be (and I'm no expert) very sensitive to the quality of the power it receives.

When we renovated, I had a dedicated circuit installed. Only one outlet for this circuit and so separated, to some extent, from the other electrical appliances in the house. Every audio person I've mentioned this to has said that separate circuits, dedicated to audio power, are a good idea.

Option 2, or if you hear otherwise, Option 3.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
New house and Power outlets - by hanersky7 - 23-Aug-2017, 18:59
RE: New house and Power outlets - by Damon - 24-Aug-2017, 02:11
RE: New house and Power outlets - by streamy - 24-Aug-2017, 11:30
RE: New house and Power outlets - by hanersky7 - 24-Aug-2017, 16:05
RE: New house and Power outlets - by streamy - 24-Aug-2017, 17:19
RE: New house and Power outlets - by Damon - 24-Aug-2017, 18:22