Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The master companion digital link revisited
Hello guys, this seems to be a very expert thread on the master/companion connection !
I am about to get a second D200 to pair with mine and upgrade to D400, and I am looking for a good S/PDIF - S/PDIF cable for the purpose.
Sorry if it was addressed before, but have you ever discussed in the community :
- the optimum length for this cable ? to my (limited) knowledge a good practise for S/PDIF and AES3 is to have cable very short (<1foot) or long (>7feet) in order to minimise the effect of possible reflexions inside the cables, also considering it is almost impossible to be impedance matched at 75ohms with *%£#1 RCA connectors, so there will be reflexions,
- what are actually the data sent by the master to the companion, which protocol etc..
- the use of a reclocker like the ones of ifi-audio at the input of the companion. It is expensive at 169€ but to my experience can be very performant, also offering the often good idea of a galvanic isolation
Sorry if this was addressed before and thanks for the amazing reviews !
 Roon Air / convolution HAF / Devialet Expert D200/ DIY power and speakers cable / DIY Speakers Atohm EURUS 1.0 + DIY active SW 

Messages In This Thread
RE: The master companion digital link revisited - by Alec_eiffel - 09-Sep-2017, 23:45