Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with firmware update D400
Hello all,

I just bought a brand new D400 from a local dealer. It is now up and running and producing glorious sound. 

While customizing my configuration on the Devialet website, I noticed that the most recent firmware is v10.1.0 while my amps are running v8.1.3. I assume there would be some benefits to updating to the current version.

I tried to do the update following the procedure described on the "support" pages of the devialet site. After dowloading and decompressing the package, I got a directory "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex" where *.hex stands for a bunch of hex files.

At that point I found that the instructions were not clear on the following issues:

1) Does the update need to be applied only to the master amp or to both the master and the slave?

2) What should I write exactly on the SD card: 
   a) the whole tree mentioned above "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   b) the subtree "FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   c) only the hex files "*.hex"

I tried the following:
   - Update the master amp only. Done by switching the amps off, replacing the master's config card with a card containing only the firmware files.
   - To that end, I tried in turn 2a, 2b and 2c

None of the above was successful. The master amp would immediately fall back on its factory configuration (namely a generic D200), ignoring the SD card altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help with this update procedure,

Pierre

Messages In This Thread
help with firmware update D400 - by pisabell - 04-Sep-2017, 17:49
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by baddog - 04-Sep-2017, 18:05
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by ovo - 04-Sep-2017, 19:23
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by baddog - 04-Sep-2017, 21:19
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by Harry. - 21-Sep-2017, 19:54