Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help with firmware update D400
(04-Sep-2017, 17:49)pisabell Wrote: Hello all,

I just bought a brand new D400 from a local dealer. It is now up and running and producing glorious sound. 

While customizing my configuration on the Devialet website, I noticed that the most recent firmware is v10.1.0 while my amps are running v8.1.3. I assume there would be some benefits to updating to the current version.

I tried to do the update following the procedure described on the "support" pages of the devialet site. After dowloading and decompressing the package, I got a directory "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex" where *.hex stands for a bunch of hex files.

At that point I found that the instructions were not clear on the following issues:

1) Does the update need to be applied only to the master amp or to both the master and the slave?

2) What should I write exactly on the SD card: 
   a) the whole tree mentioned above "10.1.0/FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   b) the subtree "FW 10.1.0/*.hex"
   c) only the hex files "*.hex"

I tried the following:
   - Update the master amp only. Done by switching the amps off, replacing the master's config card with a card containing only the firmware files.
   - To that end, I tried in turn 2a, 2b and 2c

None of the above was successful. The master amp would immediately fall back on its factory configuration (namely a generic D200), ignoring the SD card altogether.

Thanks in advance for your help with this update procedure,

Pierre

Hi Pierre

I hope you have your D400 up and running and are enjoying music!

It may interest you to hear that I for one have found that the recent firmware updates did not improve the sound from my D400. In fact quite the opposite. I have actually gone back to version 8:1 which I find much better in all respects. This may be system related but it is possible that the recent updates are more suited to Pro than non pro models.

It may be worth trying if you have got the hang of the procedure!

H
D440 Pro, Auralic Aries G1, Project Xtension 10, Ortofon Cadenza Black, Esoteric SA-50, Sonus Faber Olympica II, Audioquest cables. Mutec MC-3 + USB.

Messages In This Thread
help with firmware update D400 - by pisabell - 04-Sep-2017, 17:49
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by baddog - 04-Sep-2017, 18:05
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by ovo - 04-Sep-2017, 19:23
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by baddog - 04-Sep-2017, 21:19
RE: help with firmware update D400 - by Harry. - 21-Sep-2017, 19:54