Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(08-Sep-2017, 20:02)thumb5 Wrote: If the cable works at lower sample rates but doesn't work (reliably) at higher sample rates, it sounds to me as though the cable might be causing signal integrity problems that stop the Dev's receiver working properly.  At least, I'd suspect the cable is more likely to be pushing things out of spec than the Devialet itself.

That's what I was thinking too. If I were a cable manufacturer and my cables weren't working 100% of the time I would be quite embarrassed. After all, the higher end the cable is, the better it should let the signal through. If it makes the signal worse, then how can the cable be 'better'?
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by Pim - 09-Sep-2017, 03:01