Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(09-Sep-2017, 03:01)Pim van Vliet Wrote:
(08-Sep-2017, 20:02)thumb5 Wrote: If the cable works at lower sample rates but doesn't work (reliably) at higher sample rates, it sounds to me as though the cable might be causing signal integrity problems that stop the Dev's receiver working properly.  At least, I'd suspect the cable is more likely to be pushing things out of spec than the Devialet itself.

That's what I was thinking too. If I were a cable manufacturer and my cables weren't working 100% of the time I would be quite embarrassed. After all, the higher end the cable is, the better it should let the signal through. If it makes the signal worse, then how can the cable be 'better'?

It is sad that a stellar manufacturer like AQ with a robust & extremely successful product like "Diamond" thats been in existence since 1993 (those days as X2 & X3) doesn't have clarity towards correct impedance selection (75 or 110) when they cater for Devialet owners ... 

As reported by "kerrhoffd", its functioning perfectly ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by audio_engr - 09-Sep-2017, 09:42