Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(10-Sep-2017, 11:29)audio_engr Wrote:
(09-Sep-2017, 20:26)kerkhoffd Wrote:
(09-Sep-2017, 09:42)audio_engr Wrote: It is sad that a stellar manufacturer like AQ with a robust & extremely successful product like "Diamond" thats been in existence since 1993 (those days as X2 & X3) doesn't have clarity towards correct impedance selection (75 or 110) when they cater for Devialet owners ... 

As reported by "kerkhoffd", its functioning perfectly ...

Will be visiting him tomorrow and will check for you ofcourse. Listened to his set for prolonged time, but will make sure I will channel back his experience to you. As my brother ofcourse has the most hours of listening done. I know his Diamond uses a 75 Ohm cable which is terminated RCA-AES.

Thank you in advance ...  One of the most important news you have already given here (marked in Red).

Wish I could be more specific than this. All files, including 24 bit 192 kHz seem to play with the hybrid Diamond using the 75 Ohm cable. It is very difficult to tell if this configuration is examplary for all AQ Diamond cables used as though. It could be indivividual cable specific still. The only certain fact is that it can work. There are ofcourse no guarantees.

I chose the Diamond based on SQ. I really like it. But somehow I still think there is some kind of flauw in the cable, that prohibits it from working perfectly. There are too many people having problems with it in certain configurations. I always thought it was due to the Linn not able to communicate with the Devialet, but your case seems to underwrite it is more probably a problem with Devialet.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by kerkhoffd - 10-Sep-2017, 18:07