Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(08-Aug-2018, 19:09)audio_engr Wrote: UPDATE to my earlier AudioQuest RCA-to-AES LINK cable reported not passing 24/192 & 24.176.4 signals ...

I took this pending issue up with Devialet & AudioQuest after my recent move to the US and today, a few minutes back received my AudioQuest digital WILD having RCA-to-AES ... The AQ guys fixed it ... viola !!!

It now passes all digital signals up to 192kHz yet the DBS battery pack is also engaged ... AQ engineers along with Devialet have managed to work out a terminating scheme wherein they are able to get the AudioQuest top notch cables employing DBS to work with Devialet Dual Monos having RCA-to-AES terminations.
Hi @audio_engr. I just ran into the same problem you had.

Just got an AQ Diamond RCA-RCA for the interconnect - which sounds great, better than the AQ Carbon. My cable came with the older design DBS pack (the one with the 'double barrel' design), which worked fine.

However I recently changed to the newer design slimmer DBS pack, and it did not work! My companion unit fails to even work properly.

I'm curious, how did AQ fix your cable? Are you still using the newer-style DBS packs? Did they fix the pack or your cable itself?

EDIT: I emailed Audioquest. They've acknowledged that the new slim-style 72v DBS packs have a different design with a different RF filter circuit. This interferes with the Devialet master-companion connection. The old design 'double barrel' 72v DBS packs work fine.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by hardcore - 13-Sep-2019, 12:36