Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(08-Aug-2018, 19:09)audio_engr Wrote: UPDATE to my earlier AudioQuest RCA-to-AES LINK cable reported not passing 24/192 & 24.176.4 signals ...

I took this pending issue up with Devialet & AudioQuest after my recent move to the US and today, a few minutes back received my AudioQuest digital WILD having RCA-to-AES ... The AQ guys fixed it ... viola !!!

It now passes all digital signals up to 192kHz yet the DBS battery pack is also engaged ... AQ engineers along with Devialet have managed to work out a terminating scheme wherein they are able to get the AudioQuest top notch cables employing DBS to work with Devialet Dual Monos having RCA-to-AES terminations.

Thank you for sharing @audio_engr. It took me quite a while (years actually) to get this sorted and now wished I had followed this thread more closely, but after consulting AQ again in September 2019, my issue is also fixed. I also feel the need to post another and hopefully final update on my comparable issue. Although I didn't get a nice upgrade to 'Wild' as you did (I am envious btw), AQ sent me two new Diamond cables last week and a final plausible explanation of what seemingly has been going wrong in my setup for all these years since I bought my Diamond cables back in 2015.

They sent me two of the latest version 2 of their Digital coax cable, which seemingly has better isolation and the new Carbon DBS with RFI filter included. This seems to do the trick. AQ said that until around production year 2016, AQ cables with DBS failed with certain DAC's because of their inadequate isolation. They measured all right, so passed QC. The new version remedies that error.

As reported back earlier (2016/2017), my old cables did work with my brother' Devialet, but in my setup with the Linn as source, the interconnecting link was not stable nor would play 24 bit 192khz files. Now it is, and it sounds better than it ever has done. I finally enjoy the full potention of what my Devialet setup is capable of. Very happy camper, but starting to wonder how much better the Wild must be. That must be an utterly amazing experience.
Aurender N10 - Kharma Enigma Signature AES/EBU - Devialet 400 - MIT SL-Matrix 28s - Audio Physic Virgo 25 Plus - IsoAcoustics Gaia II - AudioQuest Diamond RCA-AES between Master and Companion - Silent Angel Bonn N8 - AudioQuest Diamond Ethernet cable - Keces P3 with Hifi-Tuning Supreme 3 Silver fuse - GigaWatt 16A automatic circuit breaker - Vibex One 6 Cu - Shunyata Research ΞTRON Alpha Digital and ΞTRON Z PC-10 powercords - Qobuz 24 bit Studio

The Netherlands

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by kerkhoffd - 07-Oct-2019, 20:48