Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(07-Oct-2019, 20:48)kerkhoffd Wrote: They sent me two of the latest version 2 of their Digital coax cable, which seemingly has better isolation and the new Carbon DBS with RFI filter included. This seems to do the trick. AQ said that until around production year 2016, AQ cables with DBS failed with certain DAC's because of their inadequate isolation. They measured all right, so passed QC. The new version remedies that error.

Hi @kerkhoffd. As you've seen from my reply, I ran into the same problem with my AQ Diamond RCA cable for the master-companion link. My cable is probably from an older batch, with the older-style (bigger) DBS Carbon pack, and it works.

I got a chance to try the new-design (slimmer) DBS Carbon pack on my older cable, and this did NOT work.

Interesting that you said you have a newer production Diamond cable with better isolation, which works with the new DBS pack. Is it possible for you to share a photo of that?
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by hardcore - 08-Oct-2019, 07:57