Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR
(08-Oct-2019, 12:51)kerkhoffd Wrote: The Diamond cable and jacket of the new cables look the same as they did on my old cable, but the new cables have the new shiny Carbon DBS attached. My old cables had the matt black (rubber coated) 'double barrel' DBS package. I had two of them. One between source and Devialet, and one RCA-AES terminated between the Devialets.

Thanks for sharing @kerkhoffd . I have a single Diamond RCA-RCA cable, for the master-companion link, which came with the older 'double barrel' DBS. However my old DBS unit's plastic was getting tacky/sticky, so the retailer replaced the DBS unit with the new shiny design one - and unfortunately this did not work at all - my companion Devialet wouldn't even power on. The same old cable works with no DBS attached or with the old DBS unit. I eventually got a replacement old-style DBS carbon unit.

The cable with old DBS unit works with all signal types including 192K and DSD64. Sounds great too (and yes it sounds better with the DBS pack than without).

I've taken some pains to ensure there is no other grounded equipment connected to my Devialets, to avoid ground loops - the only input cable connected to the master Devialet is the XLR/AES input, which comes from a Singxer SU-6 USB-DDC which is galvanically isolated with a floating super-capacitor power supply.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI - AQ Diamond AES RCA-XLR Link
PC - ifi iDefender+ - FIBBR Alpha Optical USB + "Studer 900" LPS - Singxer SU-6 - AQ Diamond AES
PSB Imagine T3  AQ William Tell Zero / Tornado / DBS Level-X  -  PliXir Balanced AC

Messages In This Thread
RE: Companion LINK failure with Roon AIR - by hardcore - 08-Oct-2019, 17:15