Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to get the best Phono Signal?
I use a Koetsu Black Goldline via a 1:10 step up transformer with Lundahl LL9226 transformers into my 220 Pro configured as MM.

I find that using the MC cartridge into the SUT is near silent with no signal and I can't detect any difference in sound quality with the transformers in between the cartridge and the Devialet.

However this will of course depend on the quality of the transformers you are using. Lundahl LL9226 is a very good quality step up transformer.

My only reservation is that it's a bit of an unknown what the actual input impedance of the Devialet phono stage is when configured as an MM input with the loading set as 'high'. This will of course have an implication on the reflected load the cartridge sees via the SUT. I have asked this question on this forum, but so far no one has been able to answer my question.

I have always preferred to load the cartridge on the primary side of the transformer. So at the moment I'm unable to tell exactly how the cartridge is loaded, but it sounds excellent to my ears.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus

Messages In This Thread
How to get the best Phono Signal? - by Greg - 06-Sep-2017, 22:53
How to get the best Phono Signal? - by disarmamant - 07-Sep-2017, 19:22