Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Needle replacement on MC element
This question is not directly for myself, however, i am considering a Rega RP10 with Apheta 2, so i am VERY interested in the answer.

A friend of mine has a relatively expansive Dynavector element from about 12 years old from which the needle needs to be replaced. But it seems needles of MC elements are hard if even possible to replace. So, he can get a little refund on a new Dynavector element but that's it.

My question, is this really the case with (all) MC elements? Because with the more high end ones from 1000 euros ore more this could get expansive really fast when playing vinyl often. Especially when after about 1000 hours or so playing time for the average needle, this needle (and thus whole MC element) needs to be replaced...

How are you guys experiencing this? And do you have tips to consider?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components

Messages In This Thread
Needle replacement on MC element - by Bartype - 07-Sep-2017, 12:46
RE: Needle replacement on MC element - by Axel - 07-Sep-2017, 16:05
RE: Needle replacement on MC element - by Greg - 07-Sep-2017, 20:45