Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can rebooting Devialet everyday be harmful ?
(15-Sep-2017, 14:17)Confused Wrote: When you load new firmware, the Devialet deletes one file from the SD card so it knows that this task is complete and thus the amp will not re-load the firmware when re-stared in the future.  You can disable this by switching the SD card to read only, in which case the Devialet will see that the subject files is not deleted, and hence think it is new firmware and load it each time the amp is fully powered down and then up again.  You can run a Devialet without firmware on the SD card, you just need the configuration.  Certainly the Devialet cannot re-load firmware if it is not on the SD card.

So I can see a scenario where a fully powered down Devialet will reboot and load firmware whenever started if the SD card is switched to read only.

Could this be influenced by the power cord?  Impossible I would say.  Maybe a coincidence?  Have you changed the configurations / SD cards at the same time as switching cords?

+1 ... absolutely spot-on !!  Thank you indeed ... 

The SD cards were set to read/write so I removed them & slid the plastic slider Up to read only. Switched on the UPS & the Devialets fully booted once and upon further UPS turn-ons, it starts up at "Standby". brilliant & thanks to you ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can rebooting Devialet everyday be harmful ? - by audio_engr - 15-Sep-2017, 16:02