Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimal sample rate and bit depths for Devialet Expert
Actually, by 'source' I was referring to the source device, such as a PC via USB, Aurender music server, Melco, microRendu, or a whole range of other possible 'front end' devices. That said, I would agree that the quality of the source material (music file) matters as much as anything, but if you want to play something for the actual music, the source material will be what it will be.

One curious thing about DSD64, as has been mentioned by myself and a couple of others, upsampling to DSD64 may not yield the best results. (although some prefer it) However, I did once listen to a dCS Vivaldi upsampler with the dCS Vivaldi Master Clock, this was upsampling to DSD64, feeding a D800 via AES/EBU and it sounded superb. (but is very expensive) So it does demonstrate that the Devialet can potentially work well with DSD64, as it does with 'native' DSD material.

I also understand that the Devialet hardware is capable of DSD128, this may be offered as an update of the 'MAT' feature in the very distant future.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Optimal sample rate and bit depths for Devialet Expert - by Confused - 18-Sep-2017, 15:20