Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TIDAL - 6 months down the line
What can I say? TIDAL has totally transformed the way I listen to and ultimately buy music.
Its simply the best £20 per month I could ever spend. Talk about value for money.
It all started 6 months ago as I give up on the AIR software for the umpteenth time. I purchased the AK300 DAP and a pair of Campfire Audio Lyra 2. The AK300 had TIDAL on it and I started my subscription. I was always reluctant to go down the streaming route as I was one of the unlucky ones with AIR and I also thought the sound quality would not be as good. However those of you who followed my speaker journey will know that I had to change my listening habits as new neighbours moved in under me. So the AK300 was bought as a holiday tool and for some home us too.
I was instantly hooked on TIDAL and fir 3 months did not listen to my Devialet at all as TIDAL was used exclusively.
I love the new music section as i have always followed new music releases. TIDAL has saved me money too, quite a bot of money as I was spending £80 to £100 per month on downloads. Now its around half of that and I can see myself cutting the purchase of music even further. I would stop now but I like to copy my music to listen to in the car and on my holidays too. One day TIDAL will be streamed into cars and available offline abroad I would imagine and I may even stop altogether.
Then in like a disney type of ending my neighbours move out and the apartment below is empty. This coincide with Melco now working with the Kazoo app and being able to stream TIDAL.
It is like heaven. Is the sound quality as good as my HD ? I am not so sure, but the difference is tiny if any, and the convenience of all that music at my fingertips makes me happy that for me its not an issue anymore.
So now its approaching dark nights again in the UK and a period where my music listening increases as the night time golf is impossible, and boy am i excited.

So £20 per month, I hope thy dont read this Big Grin but I would pay a lot more than this. Its like something that once you have had it, you cant live without it. INCREDIBLE value and a music lovers dream
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England

Messages In This Thread
TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 21-Sep-2017, 15:43
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by K4680 - 21-Sep-2017, 16:15
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 21-Sep-2017, 17:09
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Damon - 21-Sep-2017, 19:17
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Will - 29-Dec-2017, 22:57
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Axel - 30-Dec-2017, 03:41
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 30-Dec-2017, 10:25
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 30-Dec-2017, 10:28