Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
TIDAL - 6 months down the line
Woman,

Excellent post; thanks for the story of your experience. We also have found that streaming opens up a range of music that we never had before. That exposure and access is hugely valuable- more so than considerations of ultimate quality, at least for us. My wife now listens to music as I do. By that I mean that she has access to various streaming sources easily. Previously, with my Naim and the dreaded UPnP, we were frequently challenged by connection problems, but no longer. It is extremely pleasing that the music and hifi is not just 'mine' any longer.

So, as for you, streaming has been a great development for us. Sourcing new music by searching, or reading the music threads here and finding those selections on one or several services. And then for material I want to own, I download it or look for a CD. Especially appealing is that much of the music I am interested in is not available in any conventional medium, so again, streaming gives access to material I would not otherwise be able to get.

We do pay a bit less for some of these services in NA, 'tis true, but the difference is easily erased in the cost of beer.... assuming your beer is less expensive. Its warmer, so it should be....Smile
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada

Messages In This Thread
TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 21-Sep-2017, 15:43
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by K4680 - 21-Sep-2017, 16:15
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 21-Sep-2017, 17:09
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Damon - 21-Sep-2017, 19:17
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Will - 29-Dec-2017, 22:57
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Axel - 30-Dec-2017, 03:41
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 30-Dec-2017, 10:25
RE: TIDAL - 6 months down the line - by Womaz - 30-Dec-2017, 10:28