Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New system....First u
Well those ideas got poo poo'd. Called Devialet Support to find out if my new 440 would ship with the new Streamer board, but they couldn't say. Only that it would ship before December and that if mine didn't have it I could ship the unit back to Paris to get it installed. They also told me that several customers had experienced problems getting files off Apple Time Capsule, so wasn't a good solution.

So.....next plan.  How does this sound?

1. Innuos Zenith MkII SE hooked up to my ISP Router via Ethernet cable and to the D440 by USB cable.  Roon core on the Zenith and Roon app on my IPad Pro, with a NAS for file back-up.  Qubos and Tidal Hi-Fi for hi-def files and Zenith to rip my CDs to Flac or Wav.  Apple Airport Extreme for reliable Wi-Fi link between iPad and Router.

Alternatively:

2. Router----Ethernet-----Innuos Zenith MkII Std hooked up to DCS Bridge via USB.  DCS Bridge connected to Devialet via ?????what?
Roon core on the Zenith, Roon apps on the DCS and iPad.  Same strategy for internet streaming, back-up, wi-fi etc.

I know you said wait until I had the streamer board, but the Zenith provides a really cool solution for ripping and storing files so would not be redundant even if the D-streamer proved to be 'walk-on-water-with-dry feet' good.

Does the above sound feasible or can you see better alternatives? 

Cheers
Steve

Messages In This Thread
New system....First u - by Blackmorec - 01-Oct-2017, 09:08
RE: New system....First u - by Chris Marshall - 01-Oct-2017, 10:57
RE: New system....First u - by Confused - 01-Oct-2017, 12:40
RE: New system....First u - by Rodney Gold - 02-Oct-2017, 10:12
RE: New system....First u - by Fragoulisnaval - 02-Oct-2017, 10:22
RE: New system....First u - by Blackmorec - 02-Oct-2017, 13:18
RE: New system....First u - by Blackmorec - 17-Oct-2017, 16:31