Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Maximum volume on my 220pro...
Basically, 0dB means the full power at 0dBFS.

If the piece that you are listening to is having a headroom of xdB, or if you use room correction with xdB attenuation, basically putting the volume at +xdB puts you in the exact same situation as listening to a 0dB headroom piece with volume at 0dB which is perfectly fine.

In addition, to my knowledge, the Devialet does not do brutal clipping but a soft elliptic compression (i.e replacing the brutal plateau by an ellipse). It does so when the dB letters are flashing. the color of the dots have nothing to do with this, this is just a general warning at with +12dB as attenuation, you are likely to enter the soft clipping zone with more recording.

So although clipping is not good because you are not true to the piece anymore, soft clipping like the Devialet does has the immense advantage of not creating very high power high frequencies that the tweeters of most speakers would be unable to handle.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France

Messages In This Thread
Maximum volume on my 220pro... - by jukemark - 06-Oct-2017, 07:22
RE: Maximum volume on my 220pro... - by Jean-Marie - 06-Oct-2017, 12:04
RE: Maximum volume on my 220pro... - by Axel - 07-Oct-2017, 07:29
Maximum volume on my 220pro... - by Soniclife - 07-Oct-2017, 15:40