Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
(25-Oct-2017, 07:24)thumb5 Wrote: A small step forward: the "pitter-patter" sound was interference from the wi-fi interface searching for the access point (argh! should have recognised that sooner), and it's gone away now I've disabled wi-fi.  The other puzzling sounds in the preludes are still there.

Hi Ian, You have piqued my interest in this recording Dodgy. I again spent last evening both re listening to it, and searching out reviews of this particular recording. As you are probably aware it has been extensively and, in the main, extremely well reviewed - a Gramophone recording of the month as well!

I then came across this single 1 star review on Amazon!!:

https://www.amazon.com/product-reviews/B...geNumber=1

Now this is the only really negative review I found, but look at what it is highlighting!! Personally I can not hear any problems - and, from the many other +ve reviews, nor can many others - perhaps your ears are more sensitive than mine (I must admit that age is taking its toll on the old auditory system) Big Grin. I would be interested to hear any outcome from any approach to Linn you might make.

David

ps glad you found the "pitter-patter"
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by brit - 25-Oct-2017, 08:17