Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
(25-Oct-2017, 08:43)thumb5 Wrote: David, thanks for pointing out that review; it describes exactly what I'm hearing, although it perhaps puts it more strongly than I would.  Also I hear the "buzzing" when listening at rather low volumes (cf comments to the review).

I had realised that the CD had been (almost!) universally well-reviewed for sound quality as well as performance, so I was really beginning to doubt my sanity.

The most troubling thing is that once you hear something like this it's easy for it to become an obsession, with analysis and critical listening taking over from pure enjoyment of the music.  I do hope I haven't inadvertently pushed you over that cliff!

Ian, I am hanging by my finger tips Angel. Seriously though, I can not say that there is anything that I can hear that is spoiling my enjoyment of the music. I have the 192/24 download, but why that should be any different to your CD - did you say you also had tried a 96/24 download as well - I can not say. All I can say is that the recording is very clear and the upper registers of the piano are detailed, but I can not say that they resolve into a "buzzing" noise, at least not on my set up. 

An approach to Linn might be in order especially given that, it would appear, at least one other has noticed something in the recording Exclamation 

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by brit - 25-Oct-2017, 09:09