Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records)
(25-Oct-2017, 20:20)brit Wrote:
(25-Oct-2017, 19:54)thumb5 Wrote: Talking to Linn Records...will post again here if/when there's anything to add.  Thanks again David and Guillaume.

Let’s hope that you receive a sensible answer from Linn Confused. It seems very strange that both Guillaume and I do not appear to have an issue, and we are both using 192/24 versions Huh. Why this version should differ is beyond me Undecided.

David
Here is a wild theory.  Let’s assume there is no fundamental difference between the music files, you are all running ADH 6 amps / DACs, so what is different?  Maybe Ian’s cat like hearing?  Or maybe a quirk of the Sonos?  The Sonos is my wildcard theory, but it is one fundamental difference in how the music file is delivered, there might just be a difference in digital clocking, filtering or something.  Ian, this might not be an easy thing to try in your set up, I have no idea, but could you try the track via AIR or something else?  Unlikely perhaps, but if it did make a difference to the issue it would be an interesting result.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ingrid Fliter - Chopin Preludes (Linn Records) - by Confused - 25-Oct-2017, 21:52