Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auditioned the 803 D3 - surprising outcome
There is an interesting subtext to this thread.  It appears to me that there is proportion of people who have preference for certain bass related characteristics, which some speakers deliver and some do not.  For balance, I do know at least one individual that would strongly disagree about what has been posted here re the B&W 800 series, but that is fine, he has voted with his own cash and bought a pair.

Bartype mentions Sonus Faber, and I have to say I know what he means.  I have heard a number of SF's over recent years, and I tend to like them, and yes I would take the Olympica II or III's over similarly priced B&W's.  Last weekend at the Windsor show I spent some time listening to the new SF Amati Tradition.  Best sound in the show?  Probably not, but it was one of the rooms that I spent the longest time sat listening, I really enjoyed listening to the Amati's.  Most excellent, not cheap though!

Pim mentions that he is not that keen on B&W's.  One thing I know is that he does like Dynaudio.  I while back I was lucky enough to listen to the Dynaudio Confidence C4.  I thought they were very good, they would go nicely with an O'dA I'm sure.  Temptation temptation.....
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auditioned the 803 D3 - surprising outcome - by Confused - 25-Oct-2017, 17:54