Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Auditioned the 803 D3 - surprising outcome
(25-Oct-2017, 19:02)SwissBear Wrote: I am the very happy and proud owner of a pair of 802D3. I therefore totally disagree with all what has been written here.

The design of these incredible speakers makes it difficult to master. But once you have dedicated the time and energy to do so, the result is amazing. Transparency, sound stage, bass assertiveness, are all incredible.  I would certainly not switch them for Sonus Fabers nor for KEF Blades. Not for a huge amount of money Wink

The only speakers which would make me stay up at night would be: 
  • Vivid Audio Giya G1(S) as a good friend of mine has listened to them recently and found them awesome
  • YG Acoustics Hayley or Sonja... 
So this is pretty much a matter of taste and expectation. The more I listen to music, the more I meet audiophile friends, the more I understand that the illusion the sound reproduction is creating for each and everyone of us is very different. 

This is just a lesson of humility: no judgement is allowed here. Just the appreciation that we are all different and looking for something else than our neighbour Wink

+1 ................  and well said !!   [ been with 802s since 1988 ]
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US

Messages In This Thread
RE: Auditioned the 803 D3 - surprising outcome - by audio_engr - 27-Oct-2017, 00:06