Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which library speakers with D400 ?
(12-Nov-2017, 17:35)jfp Wrote: yes Jean-Marie but Kayla is 10.000 euros...

@Stino, what about the Dynaudio 160 ? is it far from the CONTOUR in terms of pure hifi rendering ?

I do not know the answer, sorry. The focus 160 is a bit of an "older" model (in fact, discontinued) of which I did not have the chance to listen to.

My guess would be that it is quite far from the Contour in terms of sound quality. The new drivers and cabinet design really make a big difference wrt older models.

If you are doubting about the Contour 20 (maybe due to its size or price tag) the Dynaudio Special Fourty may be something for you. A great looking speaker with a specially designed tweeter and midrange driver. The tweeter used in the Special Fourty is a modified version of the Esotar 2 tweeter, using a bit cheaper materials. I have no details on the midrange driver.

Both the Contour 20 and the Special Fourty where at an audio show this weekend in the Netherlands. And they both sound great. In my ears the Contour 20 has an edge (as it should since it also has a higher price tag) but I would be very happy as well with the Special 40. It is really amazing what can come out of such a small cabinet.

I can highly recommend both of these speakers. If you chose one over the other, whatever the choice, you will not regret it with the Devialet you have...

Messages In This Thread
Which library speakers with D400 ? - by jfp - 09-Nov-2017, 18:33
RE: Which library speakers with D400 ? - by Stino - 12-Nov-2017, 23:53