Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Latest Firmware Update: How much closer does White/Silver get to Golds
(11-Nov-2017, 11:40)Johnnydev Wrote: I had no hissing on my silvers and have it also not on my golds !

Call it noise or call it hiss. When I play a track with Spark at a volume of 2 (of 100) and put my ear a few mm from the tweeter I can barely hear the track playing and burried in noise. Others and also I reported this as hissing in the past. It is the noise from the DAC, preamplifier and power amplifier that every sound system has and under this extreme condition (ear close to the speaker and extremely low volume from the DAC/preamplifier) it is audible. Now it is even specified by Devialet, but was not in the beginning when the Phantoms came on the market. At that time only the ad ‘zero noise’ (which is untrue) was claimed and of course upset the audiophile community. I can hear this noise, both on the Silver and on the Gold, and on my Silver this noise is much louder. I attribute it largely to the ADH circuit that according to Devialet has been implemented on a mixed analog/digital integrated circuit. Integrated mixed analog/digital circuits are generally less performant than discrete circuits that offer material choices compared to ASICs. That I hear less hiss or call it noise on the Golds I attribute to the ADH2 circuit. Recall that ADH stands for analog digital hybrid. How could this be digital i.e. software only?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Latest Firmware Update: How much closer does White/Silver get to Golds - by streamy - 11-Nov-2017, 12:34